Saturday, May 17, 2014

KID APPROVED Rosemary Sweet Potato Chips



GAH I love those Food Should Taste Good Chips. I call them fancy chips because when I eat them, I imagine myself sitting in a hammock surrounded by a beautiful container garden (I try not to dream too big). I overbought on sweet potatoes and yams last week and I wanted to use the beautiful rosemary plant that my brother-in-law gave me for mother's day, so I came up with this beautiful chip that I actually love more than its FSTG counterpart. I didn't peel them either, which gave them a nice crispy edge...I also hate cutting out fiber when I can leave it in like I've done here (go me).

Here's the skinny:

Ingredients: 
2 yams 
1 sweet potato
2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
olive oil 
salt

1. I scrubbed two sweet potatoes and one yam until they shined like the top of the chrysler building. Then I mandolin'd the crap out of them (I set my mandy to the thinnest cut) into a mixing bowl to which I had added olive oil (not much...1-2 Tbsp or as much as it takes to lightly coat each slice), sprinkled with rosemary and added salt to taste and then mixed everything with my hands until everything was good and coated.
2. Spread the sweet potatoes and yams out on two cookie sheets, trying your best not to overlap them.
3. Sprinkle with about a tsp of salt,l or more if you're into it.
4. Put these in a cold oven and then set it at 375. et them bake for 15 minutes, checking regularly, flip them with a spatula, and bake for another 15 minutes. CHECK ON THESE BABIES...they love to burn.


These were gone in a flash. You're welcome.

Love,
Jes




No comments:

Post a Comment